Award winning commitment to excellence and service.
In July 2022, the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) International awarded Heart of Texas Goodwill a three year period of accreditation for its Community Employment Services provided by the Goodwill Mission Services Work Adjustment Training (WAT) Program.
The accreditation is the first Three-Year Accreditation the international accrediting body, CARF, awarded Heart of Texas Goodwill. This accreditation decision represents the highest level of accreditation that can be awarded to an organization and shows the organization’s substantial conformance to the CARF standards. An organization receiving a Three-Year Accreditation has put itself through a rigorous peer review process. It has demonstrated to a team of surveyors during an on-site visit its commitment to offering participant focused programs and services that are measurable, accountable, and of the highest quality.
The CARF Committee specifically highlighted and commended the WAT Program for:
- Clean, attractive, and accessible store training facilities focused on safety training and best practices
- Fully integrated training providing equitable duties and supervision for program participants and store employees alike
- Program structure paying participants at federal minimum wage
- Comprehensive physical and digital training documents that help participants stay well informed at all times
- Dedicated staff who take pride in helping participants achieve goals
- Participants trusting Success Coaches to respect and support them throughout their training and learning activities
CARF is an independent, nonprofit accrediting body whose mission is to promote the quality, value, and optimal outcomes of services through a consultative accreditation process and continuous improvement services that center on enhancing the lives of the persons served. Founded in 1966 as the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities, and now known as CARF International, the accrediting body establishes consumer-focused standards to help organizations measure and improve the quality of their programs and services. For more information about the accreditation process, please visit the CARF website at www.carf.org.