Website Heart of Texas Goodwill Industries, Inc.
Join the Team that's Changing Lives!
SUMMARY: The job involves managing a retail store engaged in selling donated and new goods by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Accountable for hiring, firing, training, and scheduling of all employees supervised
- Accountable for meeting or exceeding all daily, weekly, monthly sales goals and net profit requirements. This is to include the annual budget and last years (YoY) sales
- Meeting or exceeding all production requirements daily
- Maintaining payroll on a daily basis; making any needed changes within 24 hours
- Maintaining and fostering a safe environment for both customers and employees
- Following and enforcing all written company standards, procedures, and policies
- Review annually the performance of each employee and establish goals for the upcoming year; follow-up on goals periodically and annually thereafter.
- Behave and represent Goodwill in a professional manager at all times
- All duties as assigned in the cashier and production worker job descriptions.
Manages various subordinates in store operations. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organizations policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Is responsible for providing all required documentation.
|Leadership Competency||Team, Departmental, Corporate Leader|
|Emotional Maturity and Respect||Manages personal emotions to gain staff confidence by impartially
resolving issues. Consistently treats others with professionalism,
honor, and dignity.
|Integrity||Manages ethically. Develops and implements processes that are
consistently executed with fairness and equity.
|Capacity for Change and Innovation||Serves as principal liaison to manage change.|
|Interpersonal Skills||Is approachable and open; identifies and facilitates staff engagement
opportunities. Engages in conflict appropriately; tailors communication to the appropriate audience.
|Commitment to Development and Empowerment of Self and Others||Encourages staff to utilize tools to support their development.
Facilitates the use of tools and resources for staff development; helps
staff reach their full potential.
|Commitment to Goodwill’s Mission, Vision, and Values||Manages operations in accordance with Goodwill’s Mission, Vision, and Values. Reinforces Goodwill’s Mission, Vision, and Values with staff and the community.|
|Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion||Champions inclusion activities, strategies, and initiatives. Executes
|Community and Service||Effectively communicates the benefits and impact of Goodwill’s services to stakeholders.|
|Commitment to Excellence and Customer Service||Encourages staff accountability for meeting goals and producing
|Business Acumen||Accurately interprets data, policies, and procedures for sound decision-making. Incorporates critical thinking skills into decision-making framework. Directs and ensures compliance with all Goodwill
|Stewardship and Accountability||Effectively works within financial and budgetary guidelines and report all financial irregularities immediately to management.|
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
All individuals must pass a drug screen. A criminal background check is required. Must provide own transportation and show proof of current automobile insurance. Driving records for the past three years will be evaluated.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or equivalent required. College years may be substituted for retail experience. Two years’ experience in retail supervision of staff. Prefer experience working with a diverse population. Strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills. Creative and flexible problem solving skills desired. Desire to work with employment and training consumers, employees, and the public. Team orientation. Appropriate grooming and dressing.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedural manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to count money. Ability to add and subtract numbers. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, taxes, commissions, and percentages.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
A current driver’s license and proof of insurance is required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee
- Must be able to stand up to eight hours a day.
- Must be able to walk up to eight hours per day.
- Must be able use hands to handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms.
- Must have sufficient eyesight and manual dexterity to discriminate between and classify items.
- Must be able to bend and twist frequently.
- Must be able to regularly lift and carry 30 pounds and occasionally lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- The employee is frequently required to talk or hear.
- Must be able to follow instructions.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (clear vision at 20 inches and less) and color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors).
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to airborne particles (dust, animal hair, and lint).
The noise level in the work environment ranges from quiet to very noisy.