Website Heart of Texas Goodwill Industries
Our mission is to actively pursue the full participation in society of people with disabilities and disadvantages by expanding their opportunities and capabilities through our employment and training programs.
Heart of Texas Goodwill Industries
**Valid Driver’s license and proof of current insurance is REQUIRED for this position.**
Salary- $35,000-$40,000 DOE
SUMMARY: The primary duty of the employee is the management of the North Region’s Retail Sales Department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Include the following, other duties may be assigned:
- Promotes the general goals and objectives of the Heart of Texas Goodwill Industries.
- Directs a Retail Operations Department that can operate within an established budget.
- Hires all department personnel excluding trainees, and is responsible for terminations.
- Coordinates with Employment and Training department to approve work assignments in the stores for trainees and assure that the appropriate plans are followed and reports filed.
- Trains and evaluates sales staff members (Sales Assistants, Store Managers, and line supervisors).
- Sets sales goals for each store as approved by the Director of Retail Operations.
- Responsible for receipt, pricing, shipping of purchased goods from assigned vendors.
- Implements maintenance schedules on all retail department equipment.
- Assures that proper payroll records are kept and forwarded to the Accounting Department.
- Establishes and monitors inventory controls.
- Establishes and monitors a store safety program.
- Serves in a public relations capacity when needed.
- Assures that stores are properly utilized in regards to location, overhead, and layout.
- Provides leadership, guidance, and professional development to other staff and co-workers.
- Models the expected behavior of the staff and co-workers.
- Directs, supervises, and coordinates staff activities to assure retail goals and objectives are being met.
- Ensures departmental equity and compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Any other duties assigned by the Director of Retail Operations.
- Responsible for supervision of non-payroll personnel such as community service workers and volunteers.
- Maintains strictest confidentiality in all aspects of the work.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Manages subordinate supervisors who supervise employees in the retail operations department. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the retail operations department.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; terminating employment; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s Degree in business or management or 3 years management experience in a business with more than 10 employees; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
**Valid Driver’s license and proof of current insurance is REQUIRED for this position.** .