Website Heart of Texas Goodwill Industries, Inc.
Join the Team that's Changing Lives!
SUMMARY: The job involves all facets of production to include receiving, sorting, grading, and processing all donated merchandise received.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Include the following, other duties may be assigned:
- Meet and greet every donor immediately
- Meet every donor with a basket or dandux to properly care for each donation; assists donors by unloading vehicles
- Log each donation on the daily production sheet
- Thank every donor with the quote “thank you for helping to change lives” and offer each donor a sticker that states “I changed a life.”
- Offer a coupon and a receipt to each and every donor
- Carefully bring the donation into the processing area and sort by textiles, computers, or hard goods
- Immediately prices all furniture and takes to the sales floor, room permitting
- Take all hard goods to the wares processing station and textiles to the textile station
- Switch all full gaylords of product at both wares and textile stations, as needed or directed
- Lifts heavy objects by hand, in a team lift, or with a two-wheel dolly
- Maintains clean and safe work area and surroundings
- Secures work area at end of shift
- Receive and process donations in a timely manner
- Sort, process, and price merchandise including donated and new goods as needed
- Visually inspect and separate textile donations by category such as salvage, hanging, household, underclothing, and others as designated by management
- Hangs items on appropriate hanger and places on rack
- Maintain stock in store by removing items from rack, shelves, and display areas as per manager’s request.
- Keep area clear of hazards.
- Keep work area clean to include sweeping, cleaning, and maintaining grounds as assigned
- May cashier on a relief basis as needed
- Suggests changes in working conditions to increase efficiency of department
- Move saleable clothing to hanging area
- Put clothing on coat hangers in proper manner as instructed by the supervisor; May include putting on clips and buttoning garments.
- Place clothing item on pricing rack or rack to be moved to the pricing area
- Putting clothing on the floor for sale
- Watches for theft
- Receive and process items as directed
- Separate items by category as designated by the Dell Reconnect SOP
- Follow and execute the Dell Reconnect SOP
- Palletize items neatly stacked to a height requirement as designated in the Dell Reconnect SOP
- Wrap palletized items with shrink wrap to ensure stability during transport
- Weigh and label all completed gaylords and pallets per the Dell Reconnect SOP
- Utilize provided tracking sheet to record load type and weight as appropriate
- Transfer information from tracking sheet into Dell Reconnect Logistics Portal
- Notify supervisor when at least 35,000 lbs. have been processed, so pick-up can be scheduled
- Keep area clear of hazards and keep work area clean
- Assist other departments as needed
- Suggests changes in working conditions to increase efficiency of department
- Loads and unloads donation and salvage trucks
- Moves materials and items from receiving and production areas to other designated areas using hand trucks, dollies, or other equipment
- Sorts and places materials or items in appropriate production areas or in other designated areas.
- Fills requests for materials, tools, or other items and distributes items to production workers or production stations
- Fulfills all orders as directed; marks materials with identifying information
- Accepts donations and completes donation receipts as needed
- Lines compression chamber of baling machine with covering before baling.
- Trucks or carries materials to baling machine.
- Places materials in compression chamber of baling machine.
- Distinguishes material types by category. Removes material as needed.
- Moves lever or electric switch, causing ram to compress material.
- Threads tie bands around bale and twists or clamps ends of bands to tighten bands.
- Opens compression chamber doors and removes bale from machine.
- Trucks bales to storage place.
Hourly / Non-Supervisory Leader
|Emotional Maturity and Respect||Thinks how their actions make other people feel and acts appropriately. Tempers personal emotions and escalates sensitive issues to the appropriate level of management.|
|Integrity||Can be counted on and trusted; models professional ethics by acting honestly.|
|Capacity for Change and Innovation||Open to new ideas and ways of doing things; gives ideas collaboratively to improve processes or programs.|
|Interpersonal Skills||Builds relationships and works well with others; listens to understand and answers appropriately.|
|Commitment to Development and Empowerment of Self and Others||Completes required training and looks to grow on the job through continuous learning; becomes self-sufficient.|
|Commitment to Goodwill’s Mission, Vision, and Values||Actions are in line with Goodwill’s Mission, Vision, and Values.|
|Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion||Works well with people that look and think differently.|
|Community and Service||Wants to help others and make a difference in the community.|
|Commitment to Excellence and Customer Service||Meets goals and gives outstanding customer service to customers, donors, and participants.|
|Business Acumen||Makes good choices. Effectively transfers learning from one situation to another.|
|Stewardship and Accountability||Takes care of company property. Takes responsibility and ownership of personal actions and outcomes.|
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
All individuals must pass a drug screen. A criminal background check is required.
All educational backgrounds are accepted; or up to one month related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read the English language preferred.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers preferred.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
In order to operate a forklift, certification must be obtained through a company-specific training program.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee
- Must be able to stand up to eight hours a day.
- Must be able to walk up to eight hours per day.
- Must be able use hands to handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms.
- Must have sufficient eyesight and manual dexterity to discriminate between and classify items.
- Must be able to bend and twist frequently.
- Must be able to regularly lift and carry 25 pounds and occasionally lift and carry up to 100 pounds.
- The employee is frequently required to talk or hear.
- Must be able to follow instructions.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (clear vision at 20 inches and less) and color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors).
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes, airborne particles (lint and dust), and animal hair. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving parts; high, precarious places; and vibration.
The noise level in the work environment varies from quiet to loud.