Website Heart of Texas Goodwill
Our mission is to actively pursue the full participation in society of people with disabilities and disadvantages by expanding their opportunities and capabilities through our employment and training programs.
8 Full Time Positions available
Pay $8.25 per hour
HOT Goodwill operates 13 stores, 2 outlets as well as 5 Job Connection Centers in 8 communities, employing approximately 400 employees.
SUMMARY: Sort donated materials into various categories of textiles, wares, and other items.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Sort, process, and price merchandise
- Receive and process donations in a timely manner
- Visually inspect and separate textile donations by category such as salvage, hanging, household, underclothing, and others as designated by the Supervisor.
- Hangs items on appropriate hanger.
- Maintain stock in store by removing items from rack, shelves, and display areas as per manager’s request.
- Move items to proper storage areas.
- Keep area clear of hazards.
- Keep work area clean by sweeping and cleaning daily.
- Clean store, production areas, and grounds as assigned.
- May cashier on a relief basis as needed.
- Assist other departments as needed.
- Suggests changes in working conditions to increase efficiency of department.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
All individuals must pass a drug screen.
A criminal background check is required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: No prior education or training is required. Retail experience and/or knowledge of name brand clothing and merchandise is strongly preferred.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Must be able to follow instructions.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Must be able to recognize numbers.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where some standardization exists. Ability to interpret instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: None
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee:
- Must be able to stand up to eight hours a day.
- Must be able to walk up to eight hours per day.
- Must be able use hands to handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms.
- Must have sufficient eyesight and manual dexterity to discriminate between and classify items.
- Must be able to bend and twist frequently.
- Must be able to regularly lift and carry 30 pounds and occasionally lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- The employee is frequently required to talk or hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (clear vision at 20 inches and less) and color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors).
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to airborne particles (dust, animal hair, and lint).
The noise level in the work environment ranges from quiet to very noisy.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org