Website Heart of Texas Goodwill
Our mission is to actively pursue the full participation in society of people with disabilities and disadvantages by expanding their opportunities and capabilities through our employment and training programs.
HOT Goodwill employs approximately 400 employees in 14 stores, 2 outlets as well as 5 Job Connection Centers.
Compiles payroll data, enters data in software, computes and posts wages, reconciles errors, maintains payroll records.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Compiles payroll data such as hours worked, taxes, insurance, and miscellaneous deductions to be withheld from time sheets and other records.
- Enters data into computer files (either manually or electronically), computes wages, deductions and posts data to payroll records.
- Reviews wages computed and corrects errors to ensure accuracy of payroll.
- Records changes affecting net wages, such as pay rate changes, status changes, exemptions, insurance coverage, and loan payments for each employee to update master payroll records.
- Records data concerning transfer of employees between departments.
- Prepares periodic reports of earnings, hours worked and overtime for management.
- Keeps records of leave balances and reports to management after each payroll cycle.
- Prepares and issues paychecks, either by direct deposit or by physical check.
- Must follow company rules and regulations.
- Prepares, files and ensures payment of all payroll taxes, child support and 403b reports after each pay period.
- Issues checks for terminated and exiting employees to Human Resources.
- Maintains strictest confidentiality in all aspects of the work.
- Prepare and files quarterly payroll tax reports, as well as any other payroll related returns.
- Responsible for and reconciles petty cash each month.
- Reviews and corrects all employee insurance accounts and invoices.
- Reconcile all employee insurance accounts to general ledger and makes necessary adjusting journal entries.
- Prepares and files Annual Unclaimed Property report to State of Texas.
- Prepares, issues and files W-2s on a timely basis.
- Prepares Employment Verification forms for various government entities and as needed for employees.
- Maintains departmental guidelines and standards as defined by the VP of Accounting.
- All other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/ or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
All individuals must pass a drug screen. A criminal background check is required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Knowledge of standard payroll policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Knowledge of mathematics, including calculating ratios.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel or better
- Strong data entry and/or word processing skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to process computer data and to format and generate reports.
- Ability to utilize an automated accounting system.
- Knowledge of general accounting principles.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or GED with six months to two years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Must be able to read, analyze and interpret general business documents.
Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
No or very limited physical effort required.
No or very limited exposure to physical risk.