Heart of Texas Goodwill
Our mission is to actively pursue the full participation in society of people with disabilities and disadvantages by expanding their opportunities and capabilities through our employment and training programs.
HOT Goodwill operates 13 stores, 2 outlets as well as 5 Job Connection Centers in 8 communities, employing approximately 400 employees.
Salary: $8.00 per hour
SUMMARY: The job involves managing a retail store engaged in selling donated and new goods by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Completes daily cash register deposits and reports.
- Gives refunds with second signature.
- Monitors store for cleanliness.
- Performs closing procedures.
- Zones floor: puts items where they belong.
- Vacuums all retail areas.
- Completes cleaning checklist.
- Secures building at closing.
- Assist customers.
- Operates cash register as needed.
- Maintains positive, team atmosphere and relations with peers, subordinates, and other departments.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving problems.
- Suggests changes in working conditions to increase efficiency of department.
- Attends scheduled training.
- Represents the company in the community in a positive professional fashion.
- Provides leadership, guidance, and professional development to store staff.
- Models the expected behavior of the staff.
- Responsible for all documentation such as: Incident reports, Absentee reports, Counseling statements and Warning slips. This may also include accommodations made for an employee due to disability. For every incident in a store there should be either written or verbal evidence of that incident.
- Models the expected behavior of the staff, as well as understands and complies with the cashier job description.
- Responsible for security of money including, but not limited to, keeping safe on full lock during store hours, as well as throughout the night, change funds, deposit bags, cash drawers, cashier codes, etc.
- If required by store, must take bank deposits to the bank and deposit daily.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Manages various subordinates in store operations. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organizations policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Is responsible for providing all required documentation.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
All individuals must pass a drug screen. A criminal background check is required. Must provide own transportation and show proof of current automobile insurance. Driving records for the past three years will be evaluated.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or equivalent required; or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedural manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to count money. Ability to add and subtract numbers. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, taxes, commissions, and percentages.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
A current driver’s license and proof of insurance is required in certain regions and for certain Night Manager to drive daily deposits to the bank.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee:
- Must be able to stand up to eight hours a day.
- Must be able to walk up to eight hours per day.
- Must be able use hands to handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms.
- Must have sufficient eyesight and manual dexterity to discriminate between and classify items.
- Must be able to bend and twist frequently.
- Must be able to regularly lift and carry 30 pounds and occasionally lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- The employee is frequently required to talk or hear.
- Must be able to follow instructions.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (clear vision at 20 inches and less) and color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors).
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to airborne particles (dust and lint).
The noise level in the work environment ranges from quiet to very noisy.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org