Website Heart of Texas Goodwill
Our mission is to actively pursue the full participation in society of people with disabilities and disadvantages by expanding their opportunities and capabilities through our employment and training programs. HOT Goodwill employs approximately 400 employees in 14 stores, 2 outlets as well as 5 Job Connection Centers.
Enters data, prepares reports, files.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Include the following:
- Will perform data entry for New Goods Department. Will enter purchased product items into system, assigning cost factors and assigning appropriate mark- up values.
- Will validate entered data through data control methods.
- May receive some data from vendors electronically and will process data electronically, auditing that all data flows correctly into the system.
- Will assist in correctly establishing receiving transactions so that correct data will be sent to Accounts Payable for accurate and timely payments to vendors.
- Maintains strictest confidentiality in all aspects of the work.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/ or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to type 50 word per minute and use ten-key proficiently.
All individuals must pass a drug screen. A criminal background check is required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or GED with six months to one-year experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Accurate data entry skills are essential to satisfactory performance of this position.
Experience in any field related to tasks assigned will be preferred. At a minimum an employee must possess the following skills:
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office and Windows programs)
- Office skills (faxing, copying)
- Communication skills (telephone and person to person)
- Organizational skills
Must be able to read, analyze and interpret general business documents.
Work is normally performed in a typical interior/ office work environment.
Some physical effort required, including but not limited to bending, stooping and lifting of boxes up to 40 lbs.
PAY RATE: $12.00 per hour
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org