Heart of Texas Goodwill Industries, Inc.
Join the Team that's Changing Lives!
SUMMARY: The internship involves the development and support of activities pertaining to the Mission Service department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Include the following, other duties may be assigned:
- Meet with all facility visitors to assess the needs or supports.
- Schedule visitors to meet with appropriate Goodwill staff or directly refer to an organization/program that will meet their needs.
- Answer incoming telephone calls to determine purpose of callers and refer them to the appropriate Goodwill staff, set up an appointment or navigate them to an appropriate community resource.
- Utilize FindHelp.org to receive and send referrals to and from community resources.
- Maintain knowledge of local agency services, programs, and other resources.
- Input relevant Goodwill employee and participant data into data management system (Salesforce) for tracking and reporting purposes.
- Ensure case notes are completed and entered for assistance provided to employees/participants in a timely manner.
- Maintain participant files and ensure confidentiality of all records.
- Conduct follow-up procedures to participants who have previously received services at or through Mission Services facilities to ensure satisfaction and any additional service needs.
- Provide support during events hosted at Mission Services facility for both Goodwill and non-Goodwill events.
- Open, secure, maintain the cleanliness and safety compliance for assigned Mission Services facilities.
- Notify appropriate departments of any IT, safety, or maintenance needs for assigned Mission Services facilities.
- Ensure proper usage of agency fax and printing equipment, to include ordering of supplies and maintenance.
- Instruct visitors in basic operation of computers and other office equipment.
|Leadership Competency||Hourly / Non-Supervisory Leader|
|Emotional Maturity and Respect||Thinks how their actions make other people feel and acts appropriately. Tempers personal emotions and escalates sensitive issues to the appropriate level of management.|
|Integrity||Can be counted on and trusted; models professional ethics by acting honestly.|
|Capacity for Change and Innovation||Open to new ideas and ways of doing things; gives ideas collaboratively to improve processes or programs.|
|Interpersonal Skills||Builds relationships and works well with others; listens to understand and answers appropriately.|
|Commitment to Development and Empowerment of Self and Others||Completes required training and looks to grow on the job through continuous learning; becomes self-sufficient.|
|Commitment to Goodwill’s Mission, Vision, and Values||Actions are in line with Goodwill’s Mission, Vision, and Values.|
|Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion||Works well with people that look and think differently.|
|Community and Service||Wants to help others and make a difference in the community.|
|Commitment to Excellence and Customer Service||Meets goals and gives outstanding customer service to customers, donors, and participants.|
|Business Acumen||Makes good choices. Effectively transfers learning from one situation to another.|
|Stewardship and Accountability||Takes care of company property. Takes responsibility and ownership of personal actions and outcomes.|
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
At a minimum an employee must possess the following skills:
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Must be willing to accept instructions and carry them out.
- Must be able to work and cooperate with others.
- Must be able to identify potential hazards and implement control measures to reduce risk and maintain a safe work environment.
- Must be able to represent company in a professional manner that includes appropriate business casual dress
EDUCATION and/or Experience: Must be currently enrolled as an Advanced Standing or Concentration Year student in a Bachelors or Masters degree program at an accredited institution of higher education.
Ability to read the English language required. Ability to read, write, and speak the Spanish language preferred.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee
- Must be able use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- Must have sufficient eyesight and manual dexterity.
- Must be able to regularly lift and carry 10 pounds regularly and occasionally lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- The employee is frequently required to talk or hear.
- Must be able to follow instructions.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (clear vision at 20 inches and less) and color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors).
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to airborne particles (dust and lint). The noise level in the work environment ranges from quiet to very noisy.