Website Heart of Texas Goodwill
Our mission is to actively pursue the full participation in society of people with disabilities and disadvantages by expanding their opportunities and capabilities through our employment and training programs. HOT Goodwill employs approximately 400 employees in 14 stores, 2 outlets as well as 5 Job Connection Centers.
Our mission is to actively pursue the full participation in society of people with disabilities and disadvantages by expanding their opportunities and capabilities through our employment and training programs.
- Perform general maintenance of all Goodwill facilities.
- Replace light bulbs, paints, performs plumbing, carpentry and minor electrical problems as requested.
- Ensure company vehicle is properly maintained, cleaned and organized, Notify supervisor if any issues arise.
- Inspect, operate, or test machinery or equipment to diagnose machine malfunctions.
- Clean or lubricate shafts, bearings, gears, or other parts of machinery repair or replace defective equipment parts, using hand tools and power tools, and reassemble equipment.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance to ensure that machines continue to run smoothly, building systems operate efficiently, or the physical condition of buildings does not deteriorate.
- Inspect drives, motors, and belts, check fluid levels, replace filters, or perform other maintenance actions, following checklists.
- Use tools ranging from common hand and power tools, such as hammers, hoist, saws, drills, and wrenches, to precision measuring instruments and electrical and electronic testing devices.
- Assemble, install, or repair wiring, electrical or electronic components, pipe systems, plumbing, machinery, or equipment.
- Dismantle devices to access and remove defective parts.
- Diagnose mechanical problems and determine how to correct them, checking blueprints, repair manuals, or parts catalogs, as necessary.
- Plan and layout repair work, using diagrams, drawings, blueprints, maintenance manuals or schematic diagrams as needed.
- Order parts, supplies, and equipment from catalogs and suppliers, or obtain them from storerooms, using PO numbers for purchases.
- Adjust functional parts of devises or control instruments
- Paint or repair roofs, windows, doors, floors, woodwork, plaster, drywall, or other parts of building structures.
- Fabricate or repair counters, benches, partitions, or other wooden structures, such as sheds or outbuildings
- Lay brick to repair or maintain buildings, walls, arches, or other structures.
- Install equipment to improve the energy or operational efficiency of residential or commercial buildings.
- Perform general cleaning of buildings or properties to include power washing.
- Estimate repair costs.
- Maintain a clean work area and surroundings.
- Move items to proper storage areas.
- Open/Close Goodwill facilities as needed.
- Available to respond to ADT calls if needed.
- Suggest changes in the working conditions to increase efficiency of the department.
- Utilize appropriate safety techniques for lifting , carrying and transporting goods; including forklifts, pallet jacks, and carts.
- Record type and cost of maintenance or repair work.
- Enforce safety regulations.
- Report any wrong doing in any location to upper management.
- Follow lock out/tag out each time, every time.
- Other duties as assigned
- Must have knowledge of mechanics, carpentry, plumbing and electrical work.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license and a driving record acceptable to Goodwill’s liability insurance provider
- Must be able to stand up to eight hours a day.
- Must be able to walk up to eight hours a day.
- Must be able to use hands to handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms.
- Must have sufficient eyesight and manual dexterity to discriminate between and classify items.
- Must be able to bend and twist frequently.
- Must be able to regularly lift and carry 30 pounds and occasionally carry up to 50 pounds.
- The employee is frequently required to talk or hear.
- Must be able to follow instructions.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (clear vision at 20 inches and less) and color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors).
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Position starts out at $14.00 hourly.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org