Website Heart of Texas Goodwill Industries, Inc.
Join the Team that's Changing Lives!
Weekend availability is required.
Support member who aids the Human Resources department specifically in the realm of Loss Prevention. The job involves implementing, executing, and monitoring the loss prevention program in order to or eliminate company loss.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Implement, execute, and monitor loss prevention procedures at all retail and donation locations. This could include but is not limited to shoplifting, employee theft and misappropriation, and after-hour theft of donations.
- Assist in developing methods of ensuring inventory control and loss prevention relevant to each individual location.
- Coordinate loss prevention awareness training and other educational programs for staff members.
- Work closely with Retail Managers addressing specific loss prevention issues that pertain to each individual location.
- Monitor security cameras, employee parking, and donation drop off sites. View surveillance tapes and suggest repositioning of cameras if needed.
- Maintains weekly activity summaries and incident reports.
- Maintains a positive relationship with local municipal, State and Federal Law Enforcement.
- Respond timely to alarms and security events, even on nights and weekends
- Attends scheduled meetings and training.
- Maintain a positive, team-oriented relationship with peers and subordinates.
- Provide leadership guidance and professional development to staff. Models the expected behavior of the staff.
- Maintains strictest confidentiality in all aspects of the work.
|Leadership Competency||Team, Departmental, Corporate Leader|
|Emotional Maturity and Respect||Manages personal emotions to gain staff confidence by impartially resolving
issues. Consistently treats others with professionalism, honor, and dignity.
|Integrity||Manages ethically. Develops and implements processes that are consistently
executed with fairness and equity.
|Capacity for Change and Innovation||Serves as principal liaison to manage change.|
|Interpersonal Skills||Is approachable and open; identifies and facilitates staff engagement
opportunities. Engages in conflict appropriately; tailors communication to the
|Commitment to Development and Empowerment of Self and Others||Encourages staff to utilize tools to support their development. Facilitates the
use of tools and resources for staff development; helps staff reach their full
|Commitment to Goodwill’s Mission, Vision, and Values||Manages operations in accordance with Goodwill’s Mission, Vision, and Values. Reinforces Goodwill’s Mission, Vision, and Values with staff and the community.|
|Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion||Champions inclusion activities, strategies, and initiatives. Executes inclusion
|Community and Service||Effectively communicates the benefits and impact of Goodwill’s services to
|Commitment to Excellence and Customer Service||Encourages staff accountability for meeting goals and producing high-quality
|Business Acumen||Accurately interprets data, policies, and procedures for sound decision-making. Incorporates critical thinking skills into decision-making framework. Directs and ensures compliance with all Goodwill policies/procedures.|
|Stewardship and Accountability||Effectively works within financial and budgetary guidelines and report all
financial irregularities immediately to management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- All individuals must pass a drug screen. A criminal background check is required. A credit check may be performed as well as a driver license check and motor vehicle report.
- Must provide a copy of a valid driver’s license and minimum liability insurance.
- Must be willing to use a personal vehicle to travel between retail store, donation, and other Goodwill-owned properties.
- Must be available on nights and weekend with an on-call status
- Must respond to security alarms.
- Must be willing to accept instructions and carry them out with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work and cooperate with others.
- Must be able to identify potential hazards and implement control measures to reduce risk and maintain a safe work environment.
- Must be able to identify potential problem areas and implement procedures to reduce the impact of problem potentially affecting the organization.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or equivalent is desirable. At least two (2) years of experience is strongly preferred. Experience using surveillance software strongly preferred.
At a minimum an employee must possess the following skills:
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office and Windows programs)
- Office skills (faxing, copying)
- Communication skills (telephone and person to person)
- Organizational skills
- Time management skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee
- Must be able use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- Must be able to regularly lift and carry 30 pounds and occasionally lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- The employee is frequently required to talk or hear.
- Must be able to follow instructions.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (clear vision at 20 inches and less) and color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors).
- Must be able to stand and walk for up to eight (8) hours per day
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to air born particles (dust, hair, lint); occasionally exposed to high, precarious places and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment ranges from quiet to very noisy.