Website HOT Goodwill
Our mission is to actively pursue the full participation in society of people with disabilities and disadvantages by expanding their opportunities and capabilities through our employment and training programs.
This is a State of Texas Set Aside Contract which mandates that employees have a qualifying disabling condition to participate. This could include disabilities such as: arthritis, asthma, orthopedic disorders, blindness or other visual impairments, lupus, cosmetic disfigurements, HIV/AIDS, Epilepsy, Hepatitis, lung disease, diabetes, head injuries, cancer, substance abuse, heart conditions, mental illnesses, intellectual disabilities, visual or hearing impairments, physical disabilities, and a variety of other disabilities. The previous list is not all inclusive. Disabling conditions vary from person to person. Must be able to provide documentation from a third party such as a doctor.
Pay Rate: $8
SUMMARY: The job involves being part of a work crew removing litter form along designated roadways.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Pick up litter along designated roadways.
- Bag all picked up litter.
- Loading of trash bags into truck or trailer.
- Unloading trash bags from truck or trailer at designated locations.
- Unloading and setting up highway awareness signs.
- Moving highway awareness signs during the day.
- Loading highway awareness signs when work is completed.
- Must be willing to accept instructions and carry them out without the necessity of close supervision.
- Must work with and cooperate with others.
- Must wear proper uniform including protective equipment.
- Must obey all safety rules and regulations.
Pay Rate: $8