Website Heart of Texas Goodwill Industries, Inc.
Join the Team that's Changing Lives!
The primary duties of the employee include the ongoing management of Heart of Texas Goodwill’s learning management system, GoodwillU, and the ongoing maintenance and development of onboarding curriculum in line with agency objectives and learning culture standards under the direction of the Learning & Development Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Include the following, other duties may be assigned:
- Responsible for the ongoing maintenance of GoodwillU, including curriculum maintenance, reporting, and distribution of information (announcements, resources, etc.).
- Develops and tracks completion of learning modules and learning activities for employees in both instructor-led and online/video formats, as necessary.
- Identifies and distributes key reporting metrics relevant to agency goals and objectives to Learning & Development team and key stakeholders.
- Acts as main point of contact for GoodwillU troubleshooting and other issues.
- Works interdepartmentally to develop, implement and maintain onboarding learning experience for all Heart of Texas Goodwill employees.
- Supports new hire orientation needs and presents relevant materials at each orientation.
- Maintains positive, team atmosphere and relations with peers and other departments.
- Attends all scheduled trainings.
- Represents the company in the community in a positive, professional fashion
- Models expected behavior(s) and provides leadership, guidance, and professional development to staff.
- Ensures departmental equity and compliance with all company policies/procedures.
- Consults and participates in projects and other duties, as assigned by the Learning & Development Manager.
- Promotes the general goals and objectives of Heart of Texas Goodwill.
- Maintains strictest confidentially in all aspects of work.
Team, Departmental, Corporate Leader
|Emotional Maturity and Respect||Manages personal emotions to gain staff confidence by impartially
resolving issues. Consistently treats others with professionalism,
honor, and dignity.
|Integrity||Manages ethically. Develops and implements processes that are
consistently executed with fairness and equity.
|Capacity for Change and Innovation||Serves as principal liaison to manage change.|
|Interpersonal Skills||Is approachable and open; identifies and facilitates staff engagement
opportunities. Engages in conflict appropriately; tailors communication to the appropriate audience.
|Commitment to Development and Empowerment of Self and Others||Encourages staff to utilize tools to support their development.
Facilitates the use of tools and resources for staff development; helps
staff reach their full potential.
|Commitment to Goodwill’s Mission, Vision, and Values||Manages operations in accordance with Goodwill’s Mission, Vision, and Values. Reinforces Goodwill’s Mission, Vision, and Values with staff and the community.|
|Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion||Champions inclusion activities, strategies, and initiatives. Executes
|Community and Service||Effectively communicates the benefits and impact of Goodwill’s services to stakeholders.|
|Commitment to Excellence and Customer Service||Encourages staff accountability for meeting goals and producing
|Business Acumen||Accurately interprets data, policies, and procedures for sound decision-making. Incorporates critical thinking skills into decision-making framework. Directs and ensures compliance with all Goodwill
|Stewardship and Accountability||Effectively works within financial and budgetary guidelines and report all financial irregularities immediately to management.|
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School diploma or GED strongly preferred. 3+ years experience in a training and development strongly preferred. Experience in a retail environment as a trainer is strongly preferred; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
All individuals must pass a drug screen. A criminal background and MVR check is required. A credit check may be performed. Driving is required. A successful candidate must have a valid driver’s license and minimum liability insurance. A successful candidate must have a personal vehicle to travel in, in the event that a company vehicle is unavailable, to store and departmental locations within Heart of Texas Goodwill’s twenty-county territory.
At a minimum an employee must possess the following skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software, particularly PowerPoint.
- Must be willing to accept instructions and carry them out with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work and cooperate with others.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee:
- Must be able to stand up to eight hours a day.
- Must be able to walk up to eight hours per day.
- Must be able use hands to handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms.
- Must have sufficient eyesight and manual dexterity
- Must be able to bend and twist frequently.
- Must be able use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- Must have sufficient eyesight and manual dexterity.
- Must be able to regularly lift and carry 10 pounds regularly and occasionally lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- The employee is frequently required to talk or hear.
- Must be able to follow instructions.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (clear vision at 20 inches and less) and color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors).
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to airborne particles (dust and lint). The noise level in the work environment ranges from quiet to very noisy.