Website Heart of Texas Goodwill Industries, Inc.
Join the Team that's Changing Lives!
***A valid Driver’s License and proof of auto insurance is required for this position.
Support member who provides assistance to the Human Resources department. The job involves a variety of personnel functions and activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Includes the following; other duties may be assigned:
- Establishes a network of recruiting contacts to include diversity agencies, public organizations, colleges and universities, and others
- Coordinates the recruitment of candidates for job openings;
- Extends job offers to candidates and/or scheduling candidates for orientation sessions
- Works collaboratively with other departments to schedule and attend job fairs, both internal and external, to increase recruitment opportunities
- Inform job applicants of details such as duties and responsibilities, compensation, benefits, schedules, working conditions, or promotion opportunities.
- Orients or assists with orienting employee new hires.
- Processes all onboarding paperwork quickly and accurately.
- Conducts drug and alcohol testing programs; may consult 3rd party vendors as appropriate.
- Verifies employees work authorization status using e-Verify.
- Submits and reports new hires to the Office of Attorney General.
- Notifies appropriate personnel regarding completion of orientation session.
- Issues new pay cards; activate or register new employee pay cards using portal.
- Provide new hire info to Payroll in a timely manner to ensure timely entry/processing.
Human Resources Responsibilities
- Interpret and explain human resources policies, procedures, laws, standards, or regulations.
- Prepare or maintain employment records related to events, such as hiring, termination, leaves, transfers, or promotions, using human resources management system software.
- Address employee relations issues, such as harassment allegations, work complaints, or other employee concerns
- Work with employees to answer benefits questions and assist in processing life events and open enrollment elections
- Assists HR Leadership with requested information concerning benefits, Worker’s Compensation, Unemployment, or other significant HR functions
- Makes outbound phone calls to former/recently separated employees to conduct exit interviews.
- Performs annual required trainings (sexual harassment, diversity, etc.)
- Review and approve disciplinary actions; processes legal terminations in a collaborative process with department heads.
- Compiles, updates, and maintains personnel and confidential files
- Records and updates employee information.
- Makes copies of various HR materials such as new hire packets, personnel handbooks, benefit packets, training manuals, etc. Prepares personnel forms and booklets by collating and copying.
- Helps with equipment inventory (vests, badges, drug screens, lanyards, etc.) to assist the VP with ordering
- Files confidential information such as personnel files and accident and injury logs; maintains strict confidentiality guidelines in all aspects of work.
- Helps with faxing, mailing or completing employment verifications; performs word processing, spreadsheet, and database data entry tasks as assigned.
- Enters new hire information into Goodwill’s LMS (GoodwillU).
- Updates Goodwill’s LMS (GoodwillU) as status changes or terminations occur to ensure user accuracy is up-to-date.
- Promotes the general goals and objectives of Heart of Texas Goodwill
- Maintains positive, team atmosphere and relations with peers and other departments
- Suggest changes in working conditions to increase efficiency of departments
- Attends scheduled trainings
- Represents the company in the community in a positive, professional fashion
- Maintains strictest confidentiality in all aspects of the work.
- Assists in other departments such as retail as needed.
- Provide relief to other staff members as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- All individuals must pass a drug screen. A criminal background check is required. A credit check may be performed as well as a driver license check and motor vehicle report.
- Must be willing to accept instructions and carry them out with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work and cooperate with others.
- Must be able to identify potential hazards and implement control measures to reduce risk and maintain a safe work environment.
- Must be able to identify potential problem areas and implement procedures to reduce the impact of problem potentially affecting the Human Resources department and Goodwill.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma/GED Required. Administrative experience is strongly preferred. Prior Human Resources experience is a plus, but not a requirement.
At a minimum an employee must possess the following skills:
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office and Windows programs)
- Office skills (faxing, copying)
- Communication skills (telephone and person to person)
- Organizational skills
- Time management skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee
- Must be able use hands to handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms.
- Must be able to regularly lift and carry 10 pounds and occasionally lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- The employee is frequently required to talk or hear.
- Must be able to follow instructions.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (clear vision at 20 inches and less) and color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors).
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to airborne particles (dust and lint). The noise level in the work environment ranges from quiet to very noisy.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 per hour