Website Heart of Texas Goodwill Industries, Inc.
Join the Team That's Changing Lives!
SUMMARY: This position lists, sells, and ships donated and new goods merchandise on an internet store so as to maximize Goodwill sales and gain margins on items. Identify and select donated products for internet sales, thoroughly examine each product to determine the correct condition, manufacturer and other pertinent criteria, take detailed, clear and appropriate photos, write concise, appealing and accurate descriptions necessary to list items available to maximize Goodwill sales and profit margins.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Sort and process merchandise into appropriate locations.
- Receive and process items in a timely manner.
- Visually inspect and separate items by category
- Create a detailed description of item for posting online.
- Photograph each item for listing.
- Post item for sale.
- Categorize merchandise in appropriate storage area.
- Respond to inquiries about all listings.
- Keep area clear of hazards and keep work area clean daily
- Process internet sales and transport to post office as needed
- Responsible for all shipping and handling duties
- Conveys materials and items from receiving and production areas to storage or to other designated areas using hand trucks, dollies, or other equipment.
- Sorts and places materials or items in designated holding areas for shipment preparation.
- Monitors supplies on hand for shipping needs and submits re-supply request to management in a timely manner.
- Assembles and packs orders for shipment
- Utilizes shipping software to calculate appropriate shipping rates for each package.
- Attaches shipping labels and prepares shipping manifest for carrier pick-up.
- Maintains clean and safe work area and surroundings.
- Lifts heavy objects by hand or with two-wheel dolly.
- Maintains positive accountability of all items at all times.
- Secures work area at end of shift.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
All individuals must pass a drug screen. A criminal background check is required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Less than high school education; or up to one month related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience is preferred. No prior education or training is required. Retail experience, knowledge of jewelry and/or computer experience is strongly preferred.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to print and speak simple sentences preferred.
Must be able to recognize numbers. Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where some standardization exists. Ability to interpret instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee
- Must be able to stand up to eight hours a day.
- Must be able to walk up to eight hours per day.
- Must be able use hands to handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms.
- Must have sufficient eyesight and manual dexterity to discriminate between and classify items.
- Must be able to bend and twist frequently.
- Must be able to regularly lift and carry 30 pounds and occasionally lift and carry up to 40 pounds.
- The employee is frequently required to talk or hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (clear vision at 20 inches and less) and color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors).
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to airborne particles (dust, animal hair, and lint).
The noise level in the work environment ranges from quiet to very noisy.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com