Website Heart of Texas Goodwill Industries, Inc.
Join the Team that's Changing Lives!
SUMMARY: Implements and improves programs and operations to increase the procurement of donated goods through strategic partnerships, corporate giving programs, community donation drives, and Attended Donation Center (ADC) development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Essential functions include, but are not limited to: visiting local businesses, schools, and organizations to initiate donation drives and material donations; supervision of the ADC process from acquisition to management there of; maintaining positive community relations at all times; ensures the overall operation of the department aligns with established Goodwill mission, purpose, values and guidelines; and organizing other special initiatives as needed to support the Donated Goods Division.
- Represent Heart of Texas Goodwill (HOTGW) in a positive, pleasant manner by providing excellent internal and external customer service at all times to all stakeholders.
- Serve as an ambassador, educating donors, community leaders, and business leaders about the HOTGW mission and values.
- Serve as a team leader, coordinating Marketing (MARCOM) and Donated Goods Retail (DGR) teams to deliver well-planned, well-executed community donation drives.
- Assist the MARCOM team with the Annual Gala and other events as needed.
- Coordinate and execute donation drives, providing onsite logistics support, marketing materials, event communication, and other services as required.
- Increase total donated goods received through donation drives hosted by individuals, local businesses, community organizations, and schools for the benefit of HOTGW.
- Solicit and coordinate the donation of new goods or service offers from individuals, organizations, or businesses to be used in fundraising activities.
- Identify schools, retailers, manufacturers, wholesalers, and other businesses with surplus or outdated goods, electronics, or fixtures suitable for DGR purposes.
- Identify cities targeted for increased donation growth utilizing HOTGW software applications, productivity reports, local business reports, and personal observation.
- Identify businesses interested in establishing sustainable giving programs.
- Maintain positive donor relationships using effective communication tools.
- Develop and maintain positive donor relationships by visiting donors in assigned territories in accordance with an approved workflow plan. Frequent travel is required.
- Identify and utilize an effective CRM system to improve and increase the donor model.
- Implement innovative programs, contest, and reward systems that engage donors while increasing their satisfaction and elevating their experience with the HOTGW brand.
- Comply with HOTGW policies regarding fundraising, marketing, and donations.
- Develop a strategic plan to meet monthly, quarterly, and annual donation goals.
- Assist management in establishing suitable donation goals, donation tracking processes, and communication systems in relation to the HOTGW Strategic Plan.
- Maintain accurate records and reports as determined.
- Submit paperwork, receipts, and reports in an accurate and timely manner.
- Attend staff meetings as requested to provide project collaboration and updates.
- Ensure safety and security of all Goodwill employees and its assets.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Required qualifications include:
- Strong customer service orientation with a commitment to deliver quality, accurate, and ethical work product in a collaborative, positive attitude.
- Strong time management skills to self-coordinate competing tasks, travel logistics, and deadlines.
- Strong multi-tasking skills to effectively adjust to frequent changes, delays, environmental changes, or unexpected events.
- Strong self-direction and autonomy skills to work independently and achieve results.
- Ability to enjoy and excel in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Enthusiasm for the organization mission and values.
- Eagerness to adapt to innovation and learning systems to improve professional skills and performance.
- Strong analytical ability to research various sources, gather data, and analyze results.
- Work effectively in a team-based environment that expects collaboration, respect, and inclusion in communication practices, work tasks, and assigned projects.
- Flexibility to work varied hours to accommodate the needs of donors and retail store operations.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Advanced use of Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook) applications.
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- Daily access to a reliable, safe, well maintained personal vehicle to use for company purposes.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and automobile insurance coverage acceptable to Goodwill’s liability insurance carrier.
All individuals must pass a drug screen. A criminal background check is required.
Prior experience in sales strongly preferred.
Associate’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Public Relations, or a related field, with five (5) years of experience in a related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, write, and speak the English language required. Ability to read, write, and speak the Spanish language preferred.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
A valid, state issued, Class C driver’s license is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee
· Must be able to stand up to eight hours a day.
· Must be able to walk up to eight hours per day.
· Must be able to sit for extended periods of time
· Must be able use hands to handle or feel objects.
· Must be able to reach with hands and arms.
· Must have sufficient eyesight and manual dexterity to discriminate between and classify items.
· Must be able to bend and twist frequently.
· Must be able to push and pull with hands and arms frequently.
· Must be able to regularly lift and carry 50 pounds and occasionally lift and carry up to 100 pounds.
· The employee is frequently required to talk or hear.
· Must be able to follow and give instructions.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (clear vision at 20 inches and less), color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors), peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes, airborne particles (lint and dust), and animal hair. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving parts; high, precarious places; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment varies from quiet to loud.