Website Heart of Texas Goodwill
Our mission is to actively pursue the full participation in society of people with disabilities and disadvantages by expanding their opportunities and capabilities through our employment and training programs.
HOT Goodwill operates 13 stores, 2 outlets as well as 5 Job Connection Centers in 8 communities, employing approximately 400 employees.
Salary- $7.75 per hour
SUMMARY: The job involves loading, unloading, and moving materials within or near an attended donation center or retail store.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following, other duties may be assigned:
- Performs material handling duties at manned donation trailer or retail store.
- Unloads donations from donor vehicles.
- Completes donation receipt.
- Transfers materials into donation trailer or retail store; installs strapping, bracing, or padding to prevent shifting or damage during transit.
- A waiver must be signed PRIOR to loading a customer’s vehicle.
- Pre-sorts donated goods into nonuseable and salable goods. May sort by category, such as shoes, wares, textiles, electric, furniture.
- Counts and records amounts of donations handled on daily production sheet.
- Tags or labels donations or marks information on containers.
- Lifts heavy objects by hand or with two-wheel dolly.
- Maintains clean and safe work area and surroundings.
- Secures work area at end of shift.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
All individuals must pass a drug screen. A criminal background check is required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Three to six months related experience and/or training.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: None
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee:
- Must be able to stand up to eight hours per day.
- Must be able to climb stairs.
- Must be able to walk up to eight hours per day.
- Must be able to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Must be able to reach with hands and arms.
- Must be able to talk or hear.
- The employee must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions.
The employee is regularly exposed to airborne particles (dust, animal hair, lint).
The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes airborne particles.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com