Website Heart of Texas Goodwill Industries, Inc.
Join the Team that's Changing Lives!
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the primary duty of the District Manager is the management of a district of retail stores and sales.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Include the following, other duties may be assigned:
- Promotes the general goals and objectives of the Heart of Texas Goodwill Industries.
- Directs a Retail Operations department that can operate within an established budget.
- Establishes annual budget for stores supervised.
- Holds Store Mangers accountable to the annual budget including sales, payroll, expenses, and bottom line.
- Analyzes sales and production data for growth opportunities and improvements; recommends these opportunities/improvements to the COO.
- Hires, trains, evaluates, promotes, and terminates all employees supervised.
- Lead and manage other operational units as assigned such as New Goods, eCommerce, etc.
- Assures that proper payroll procedures are followed for all employees supervised and hold managerial staff accountable for ensuring proper payroll records are kept, reviewed, and approved.
- Ensures compliance in all production standards to include kaizen maintenance, production goals, merchandise rotation, sizing of apparel, full and shoppable wares shelves, etc.
- Assists in managing Attended Donation Centers (ADCs) located within an assigned area.
- Establishes and monitors inventory controls.
- Provides leadership, guidance, and professional development to staff and co-workers.
- Models the expected behavior of staff and co-workers.
- Directs, supervises, and coordinates staff activities to assure retail goals and objectives are being met
- Ensures departmental equity and compliance with all company policies and procedures
- Maintains strictest confidentiality in all aspects of work.
Manages subordinate supervisors who supervise employees in the retail operations department. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the retail operations department.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; terminating employment; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Team, Departmental, Corporate Leader
|Emotional Maturity and Respect||Manages personal emotions to gain staff confidence by impartially
resolving issues. Consistently treats others with professionalism,
honor, and dignity.
|Integrity||Manages ethically. Develops and implements processes that are
consistently executed with fairness and equity.
|Capacity for Change and Innovation||Serves as principal liaison to manage change.|
|Interpersonal Skills||Is approachable and open; identifies and facilitates staff engagement
opportunities. Engages in conflict appropriately; tailors communication to the appropriate audience.
|Commitment to Development and Empowerment of Self and Others||Encourages staff to utilize tools to support their development.
Facilitates the use of tools and resources for staff development; helps
staff reach their full potential.
|Commitment to Goodwill’s Mission, Vision, and Values||Manages operations in accordance with Goodwill’s Mission, Vision, and Values. Reinforces Goodwill’s Mission, Vision, and Values with staff and the community.|
|Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion||Champions inclusion activities, strategies, and initiatives. Executes
|Community and Service||Effectively communicates the benefits and impact of Goodwill’s services to stakeholders.|
|Commitment to Excellence and Customer Service||Encourages staff accountability for meeting goals and producing
|Business Acumen||Accurately interprets data, policies, and procedures for sound decision-making. Incorporates critical thinking skills into decision-making framework. Directs and ensures compliance with all Goodwill
|Stewardship and Accountability||Effectively works within financial and budgetary guidelines and report all financial irregularities immediately to management.|
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree in business or management or 3 year’s management experience in a business with more than 10 employees is strongly preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Multi-location management strongly preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
All individuals must pass a drug screen. A criminal background check is required. A credit check may be performed as well as a driver license check. Must be able to pass a motor vehicle report, maintain a personal vehicle for company travel, and maintain minimum liability insurance on the personal vehicle.
At a minimum an employee must possess the following skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Knowledge of and experience with varied human resource information systems.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Must be willing to accept instructions and carry them out with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work and cooperate with others.
- Must be able to identify potential hazards and implement control measures to reduce risk and maintain a safe work environment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee
- Is regularly required to talk or hear.
- Must be able to walk and stand for up to eight hours per day.
- Must be able to use hands and feet and reach with hands and arms.
- Must have sufficient eyesight and manual dexterity to discriminate between and classify items.
- Must be able to regularly lift and carry 30 pounds and occasionally lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to follow instructions.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (clear vision at 20 inches and less) and color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors).
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee will be exposed to airborne particles (dust, animal hair, lint). May work outside in hot, cold, or wet conditions. The work environment ranges from very quiet to noisy.