Website Heart of Texas Goodwill Industries, Inc.
Join the Team that's Changing Lives!
SUMMARY: The job involves being part of a work crew removing litter along designated roadways, performing park maintenance, and driving a contracts truck with trailer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Must obey all safety rules and regulations.
- Safely drive a company truck with trailer.
- Safely load and unload park maintenance equipment.
- Pick up litter along designated roadways.
- Bag all picked up litter.
- Load and unload trash bags into truck or trailer.
- Load, unload, set up, and move highway awareness signs
- Mow around trees, shrubs, and picnic pads
- Rake and bag grass clippings
- Trim curbs and areas around trees with gas-powered trimmer
- Prune shrubs and trees
- Report and make necessary repairs
- Inspect vehicles, trailers, and mowing equipment for safe operation
- Perform before, during, and after operation maintenance
- Maintains a positive team atmosphere and relationship with peers, subordinates, and other departments.
- Work independently without close supervision.
- Work well and cooperate with other.
- Wear proper uniform and protective equipment at all times.
- Attends meetings as scheduled, particularly safety or work-related training sessions
- Represents the company in a positive fashion.
- Maintains strictest confidentiality in all aspects of the work.
- Work to promote safety as a top priority; obey safety rules and regulations at all times
- Must be able to identify potential hazards and implement control measure to reduce risk and maintain a safe work environment.
- Must be able to operate a mower and trimmer in a safe manner without constant supervision.
|Leadership Competency||Hourly / Non-Supervisory Leader|
|Emotional Maturity and Respect||Thinks how their actions make other people feel and acts appropriately. Tempers personal emotions and escalates sensitive issues to the appropriate level of management.|
|Integrity||Can be counted on and trusted; models professional ethics by acting honestly.|
|Capacity for Change and Innovation||Open to new ideas and ways of doing things; gives ideas collaboratively to improve processes or programs.|
|Interpersonal Skills||Builds relationships and works well with others; listens to understand and answers appropriately.|
|Commitment to Development and Empowerment of Self and Others||Completes required training and looks to grow on the job through continuous learning; becomes self-sufficient.|
|Commitment to Goodwill’s Mission, Vision, and Values||Actions are in line with Goodwill’s Mission, Vision, and Values.|
|Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion||Works well with people that look and think differently.|
|Community and Service||Wants to help others and make a difference in the community.|
|Commitment to Excellence and Customer Service||Meets goals and gives outstanding customer service to customers, donors, and participants.|
|Business Acumen||Makes good choices. Effectively transfers learning from one situation to another.|
|Stewardship and Accountability||Takes care of company property. Takes responsibility and ownership of personal actions and outcomes.|
This position is supported by a State Set Aside Contract, which requires that employees have a qualifying disabling condition. Examples of disabilities could include: arthritis, asthma, orthopedic disorders, blindness or other visual impairments, lupus, cosmetic disfigurements, HIV/AIDS, Epilepsy, Hepatitis, lung disease, diabetes, head injuries, cancer, substance abuse, heart conditions, mental illnesses, intellectual disabilities, visual or hearing impairments, physical disabilities, and a variety of other disabilities. Must be able to provide documentation from a third party such as a doctor that you have a disability that affects your daily life.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
All individuals must pass a drug screen and criminal background check.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Working knowledge of English.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Must maintain a valid driver’s license. MVR will be reviewed upon hire and annually thereafter and a three (3) year driving record will be assessed.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee
- Must be able to use hands to finger, handle, or feel frequently.
- Must be able to hear approaching vehicles and warnings.
- Must be able to stand and walk frequently for long periods of time.
- Must be able to reach with hands and arms frequently.
- Must be able to tolerate extremes of hot and cold weather and occasional rain.
- The employee must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally help lift and/or move more than 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is regularly exposed to airborne particles (dust, animal hair, and lint) The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes (from trucks and forklifts).
The noise level in the work environment ranges from very quiet to very noisy.