Website Heart of Texas Goodwill Industries, Inc.
Join the Team that's Changing Lives!
SUMMARY: The job involves operating standard and manual vehicles for the transportation of materials to and from specified destinations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Select routing for retail center service and collection of items.
- Complete scheduled pick-ups daily.
- Load and off-load production and merchandise for stores, plant, and vendors.
- Collect and transport trash.
- Maintain cleanliness of vehicle.
- Complete daily vehicle inspection report and truck log and paperwork as updated.
- Operate vehicle in a safe manner.
- Demonstrate proper use of dollies and hand trucks and other tools as needed.
- Utilize appropriate safety techniques for lifting, carrying, and transporting goods including fork lifts, pallet jacks, carts. etc..
Manages 1 to 4 subordinate employee in the Transportation Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
|Leadership Competency||Hourly / Non-Supervisory Leader|
|Emotional Maturity and Respect||Thinks how their actions make other people feel and acts appropriately. Tempers personal emotions and escalates sensitive issues to the
appropriate level of management.
|Integrity||Can be counted on and trusted; models professional ethics by acting
|Capacity for Change and Innovation||Open to new ideas and ways of doing things; gives ideas collaboratively to improve processes or programs.|
|Interpersonal Skills||Builds relationships and works well with others; listens to understand
and answers appropriately.
|Commitment to Development and Empowerment of Self and Others||Completes required training and looks to grow on the job through
continuous learning; becomes self-sufficient.
|Commitment to Goodwill’s Mission, Vision, and Values||Actions are in line with Goodwill’s Mission, Vision, and Values.|
|Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion||Works well with people that look and think differently.|
|Community and Service||Wants to help others and make a difference in the community.|
|Commitment to Excellence and Customer Service||Meets goals and gives outstanding customer service to customers,
donors, and participants.
|Business Acumen||Makes good choices. Effectively transfers learning from one situation
|Stewardship and Accountability||Takes care of company property. Takes responsibility and ownership of personal actions and outcomes.|
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
All individuals must pass a drug screen. Driving record will be evaluated for the past three years. A criminal background check is required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school education or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Valid Texas Commercial Driver License.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee
- Is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to stand and walk.
- The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl..
- The employee is frequently required to sit, climb or balance.
- The employee is occasionally required to taste or smell..
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job: the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions; the employee is frequently exposed to fumes and airborne particles (dust, animal hair, and lint); the noise level in the work environment ranges from moderate to very loud.