Website Heart of Texas Goodwill Industries, Inc.
Join the Team that's Changing Lives!
SUMMARY: Operates cash register to itemize and total customer’s purchases in a retail store and assists with other store functions as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Include the following, other duties may be assigned:
- Greets customers as they enter the store
- Assists customers as needed in finding items and/or answering questions
- Perform all cash register operational duties
- Bags sold merchandise.
- Carries customer purchases to car as needed.
- Counts money in the cash drawer at the beginning and end of shift; there must be 2 initials on the Daily Deposit form and the Bank Deposit form
- Moves stock to proper place in display area; removes out of date items from display area
- Maintains display areas including special displays, new goods fixtures, racks, shelves, bins, and other areas displaying items for sale.
- Monitors dressing rooms and restrooms.
- Watches for theft.
- Answers telephone, answers customers’ questions, responds to requests, directs calls to proper person.
- Cleans areas of the store, including restrooms, as directed by store manager or designate.
- Suggests changes in working conditions to increase efficiency of operations.
- Confirms that all rules and regulations stated in the personnel handbook and the cashier training manual have been read and understood.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
All individuals must pass a drug screen. A criminal background check is required.
All educational backgrounds are accepted; or up to one month related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read the English language preferred.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers preferred.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
In order to operate a forklift, certification must be obtained through a company-specific training program.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee
- Must be able to stand up to eight hours a day.
- Must be able to walk up to eight hours per day.
- Must be able use hands to handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms.
- Must have sufficient eyesight and manual dexterity to discriminate between and classify items.
- Must be able to bend and twist frequently.
- Must be able to regularly lift and carry 25 pounds and occasionally lift and carry up to 100 pounds.
- The employee is frequently required to talk or hear.
- Must be able to follow instructions.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (clear vision at 20 inches and less) and color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors).
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes, airborne particles (lint and dust), and animal hair. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving parts; high, precarious places; and vibration.
The noise level in the work environment varies from quiet to loud.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com