Website Heart of Texas Goodwill Industries, Inc.
Join the Team that's Changing Lives!
SUMMARY: The job involves managing a retail store engaged in selling donated and new goods by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist Store Manager in operation of all aspects of retail store, both front and back.
- Assist Store Manager in holding staff accountable to all written standards of Goodwill
- Perform all opening and closing functions of the store
- Assist Store Manager in maintaining proper merchandise standards throughout store to include weekly pulls, maximizing holding capacity, keeping sales floor free of debris, and keeping new goods stocked
- Provide great customer service to both employees and customers
- Count money and make deposits daily
- Perform all duties as outlined in the cashier job description
- Manage store in absence of the Store Manager
- Spot check daily the quality and pricing of merchandise being sent to the sales floor by the production team; use this as a training tool and opportunity for production workers
- Behave and represent Goodwill in a professional manner at all times.
Manages various subordinates who supervise employees in store operations and production. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units. Also directly supervises various non-supervisory employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization=s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Is responsible for providing all required documentation.
|Leadership Competency||Hourly / Non-Supervisory Leader|
|Emotional Maturity and Respect||Thinks how their actions make other people feel and acts appropriately. Tempers personal emotions and escalates sensitive issues to the appropriate level of management.|
|Integrity||Can be counted on and trusted; models professional ethics by acting honestly.|
|Capacity for Change and Innovation||Open to new ideas and ways of doing things; gives ideas collaboratively to improve processes or programs.|
|Interpersonal Skills||Builds relationships and works well with others; listens to understand and answers appropriately.|
|Commitment to Development and Empowerment of Self and Others||Completes required training and looks to grow on the job through continuous learning; becomes self-sufficient.|
|Commitment to Goodwill’s Mission, Vision, and Values||Actions are in line with Goodwill’s Mission, Vision, and Values.|
|Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion||Works well with people that look and think differently.|
|Community and Service||Wants to help others and make a difference in the community.|
|Commitment to Excellence and Customer Service||Meets goals and gives outstanding customer service to customers, donors, and participants.|
|Business Acumen||Makes good choices. Effectively transfers learning from one situation to another.|
|Stewardship and Accountability||Takes care of company property. Takes responsibility and ownership of personal actions and outcomes.|
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
All individuals must pass a drug screen. A criminal background check is required. Must provide own transportation and show proof of current automobile insurance. Driving records for the past three years will be evaluated. A credit check may be performed.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or equivalent required. College years may be substituted for retail experience. Two years’ experience is retail supervision of staff. Prefer experience working with a diverse population. Strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills. Creative and flexible problem solving skills desired.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedural manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, taxes, commissions, and percentages.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
A current driver’s license and proof of insurance is required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee
- Must be able to stand up to eight hours per day.
- Must be able to walk up to eight hours per day.
- Must be able to use hands to handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms.
- Must have sufficient eyesight and manual dexterity to discriminate between and classify items.
- Must be able to bend and twist frequently.
- Must be able to regularly lift and carry 30 pounds and occasionally lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- The employee is frequently required to talk and hear.
- Must be able to follow directions.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (clear vision at 20 inches and less) and color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors).
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to airborne particles (dust, animal hair, and lint); occasionally exposed to high, precarious places and outside weather conditions.
The noise level in the work environment ranges from quiet to very noisy.