Website Heart of Texas Goodwill
ur mission is to actively pursue the full participation in society of people with disabilities and disadvantages by expanding their opportunities and capabilities through our employment and training programs.
HOT Goodwill operates 13 stores, 2 outlets as well as 5 Job Connection Centers in 8 communities, employing approximately 400 employees.
Two (2) Full Time positions are available
SALARY: $11.50 per hour
**Must have reliable transportation, valid driver’s license, auto insurance in your name. **
The job involves managing a retail store engaged in selling donated and new goods by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Prepares store payroll and community service time sheets.
- Recommends personnel requirements. Recommends adjustments to staffing levels as justified by demands.
- Manages all retail operations, including the receiving and processing of donations Ensures quality in goods and services.
- Maintains positive, team atmosphere and relations with peers, subordinates, and other departments.
- Maintains and continuously updates the retail merchandising of store.
- Maintain appropriate standards of cleanliness and organization of sales floor, production area, and store grounds.
- Works collaboratively with Employment and Training Services to further the mission of Goodwill.
- Assists with annual budget preparation. Helps oversees budgets for store location. Maintains financial viability.
- Attends scheduled training.
- Represents the company in the community in a positive professional fashion.
- Provides leadership, guidance, and professional development to store staff. Models the expected behavior of the staff.
- Directs, supervises, and coordinates staff activities to assure store goals and objectives are being met.
- Assists with training and development to all store staff members and encourages an environment of learning and growth. Fully utilizes participatory management.
- Ensures departmental equity and compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Assists in ensuring that all financial paperwork including, but not limited to, sales, production, time cards, logs, inventories, and other assigned work is properly completed and in a timely manner.
- Responsible for all documentation such as: Incident reports, absentee reports, Counseling statements and Warning slips. This may also include accommodations made for an employee due to disability. For every incident in a store there should be either written or verbal evidence of that incident.
- Models the expected behavior of the staff, as well as understands and complies with the cashier job description.
- Responsible for security of money including, but not limited to, keeping safe on full lock during store hours, as well as throughout the night, change funds, deposit bags, cash drawers, cashier codes, etc.
- Must take bank deposits to the bank and deposit daily.
- Must have reliable transportation
Manages various subordinates who supervise employees in store operations and production. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units. Also directly supervises various non-supervisory employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization=s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Is responsible for providing all required documentation.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
All individuals must pass a drug screen. A criminal background check is required. Must provide own transportation and show proof of current automobile insurance. Driving records for the past three years will be evaluated. A credit check may be performed.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or equivalent required. College years may be substituted for retail experience. Two years’ experience is retail supervision of staff. Prefer experience working with a diverse population. Strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills. Creative and flexible problem solving skills desired. Desire to work with employment and training consumers, employees, and the public.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedural manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, taxes, commissions, and percentages.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
A current driver’s license and proof of insurance is required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee
- Must be able to stand up to eight hours per day.
- Must be able to walk up to eight hours per day.
- Must be able to use hands to handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms.
- Must have sufficient eyesight and manual dexterity to discriminate between and classify items.
- Must be able to bend and twist frequently.
- Must be able to regularly lift and carry 30 pounds and occasionally lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- The employee is frequently required to talk and hear.
- Must be able to follow directions.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (clear vision at 20 inches and less) and color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors).
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to airborne particles (dust, animal hair, and lint); occasionally exposed to high, precarious places and outside weather conditions.
The noise level in the work environment ranges from quiet to very noisy.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org