Our mission is to actively pursue the full participation in society of people with disabilities and disadvantages by expanding their opportunities and capabilities through our employment and training programs.
SUMMARY: The job involves managing a retail store engaged in selling donated and new goods by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Trains, selects, develop, evaluate, and counsels employees.
- Recommends personnel requirements. Recommends adjustments to staffing levels as justified by demands.
- Manages all retail operations.
- Responsible for all documentation such as: Incident reports, Absentee reports, Counseling statements and Warning slips. This may also include accommodations made for an employee due to disability. For every incident in a store there should be either written or verbal evidence of that incident!
- Ensures that all financial paperwork including, but not limited to, sales, production, time sheets, logs, inventories, and other assigned work is properly completed and in a timely manner.
- Responsible for all safety systems and procedures in the facility including, but not limited to, safety meetings, safety inspections, fire extinguishers, escape routes, hazards, etc. Must immediately report safety hazards and take steps to insure safety of public and employees.
- Responsible for all security on the premises including, but not limited to, insuring facility is properly secured (locked), security systems are working and turned on, normally locked doors are locked (office, dressing room, etc.), outside lighting is working, and any other security issues observed.
- Responsible for security of money including, but not limited to, keeping safe on full lock during store hours, as well as throughout the night, change funds, deposit bags, cash drawers, cashier codes, etc.
- Be accountable for all inventoried merchandise and adjust quantities as needed using the POS systems. This includes but is not limited to…transfer ins, transfer outs, and inventory adjustments.
- Maintains positive, team atmosphere and relations with peers, subordinates, and other departments.
- Maintains and continuously updates the retail merchandising of store.
- Maintain appropriate standards of cleanliness and organization of sales floor, production area, and store grounds.
- Works collaboratively with Employment and Training Services to further the mission of Goodwill.
- Confers with production manager to coordinate activities of individual departments.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving problems.
- Suggests changes in working conditions to increase efficiency of department.
- Attends scheduled training
- Represents the company in the community in a positive professional fashion.
- Provides leadership, guidance, and professional development to store staff.
- Models the expected behavior of the staff, as well as understands and complies with the cashier job description
- Directs, supervises, and coordinates staff activities to assure store goals and objectives are being met.
- Provides training and development to all store staff members and encourages an environment of learning and growth. Fully utilizes participatory management.
- Ensures departmental equity and compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Must take bank deposits to the bank and deposit daily.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Notifies Human Resources when employees quit or no call, no show.
- Receives and receipts paychecks from office staff for each pay period, notating current and inactive employee status.
- Verifies accuracy of hours worked on employee payroll.
Manages various subordinates in store operations. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organizations policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Is responsible for providing all required documentation
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
All individuals must pass a drug screen. A criminal background check is required. Must provide own transportation and show proof of current automobile insurance. Driving records for the past three years will be evaluated. .
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or equivalent required. College years may be substituted for retail experience. Two years experience in retail supervision of staff. Prefer experience working with a diverse population. Strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills. Creative and flexible problem solving skills desired. Desire to work with employment and training consumers, employees, and the public. Team orientation. Appropriate grooming and dressing.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedural manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to count money. Ability to add and subtract numbers. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, taxes, commissions, and percentages.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
A current driver’s license and proof of insurance is required
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org