Website HOT Goodwill
Our mission is to actively pursue the full participation in society of people with disabilities and disadvantages by expanding their opportunities and capabilities through our employment and training programs.
The primary duty of the employee is training cashiers on the POS Register system, other retail store functions and recruiting new employees to the retail operations department. This position will be focused on continuous training and recruitment to support the mission of Goodwill.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Include the following, other duties may be assigned:
- Promotes the general goals and objectives of Heart of Texas Goodwill
- Responsible for initial training of cashiers; meets with cashiers after orientation to complete initial on the job training
- Consults with and advises store managers regarding any cashier training issues
- May be asked to perform/cover some duties of a store manager as needed
- Must have reliable, personal transportation and be able to travel to stores including out of town locations daily
- Collects and prepares data as required through electronic polling of cash registers, written records such as shipping and receiving documents, interviews, and other methods as need.
- Conducts training and development classes of all retail staff members and encourages an environment of learning and growth; fully utilizes participatory management
- Maintains positive, team atmosphere and relations with peers and other departments
- Suggest changes in working conditions to increase efficiency of departments
- Attends scheduled trainings
- Represents the company in the community in a positive, professional fashion
- Provides leadership, guidance, and professional development to other staff
- Models the expected behavior of cashiers and other staff
- Ensures departmental equity and compliance with all company policies/procedures
- Maintains strictest confidentially in all aspects of work
- Works closely with Regional Sales Managers in order to determine recruitment needs
- Collaborates with management to determine desired skill set; guide and consults managers with salaries and compensation package
- Establishes a network of recruiting contacts to include diversity agencies, public organizations, colleges and universities, and others
- Coordinates the recruitment of candidates for job openings; conducts initial and second interviews
- Extends job offers to candidates
- Ensures legality of interview techniques, questions, reference checks, and testing
- Provides routine job vacancy and recruiting status reports to departments as requested
- Ensures accuracy and timeliness of job posting and requisition system
- Proactively provides guidance, counsel and training to staff on employee recruiting issues
- Ensures all interviews are in compliance with federal, state and local law and internal policy procedure as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned
All individuals must pass a drug screen. A criminal background check is required. A credit check may be performed.
Must maintain a valid driver’s license and a drive record acceptable to Goodwill’s liability insurance provider.
Must be able to travel to store locations including out of town locations.
Pay range: Commensurate with experience.
Please check your email for updates pertaining to your application status.