Website HOT Goodwill
Our mission is to actively pursue the full participation in society of people with disabilities and disadvantages by expanding their opportunities and capabilities through our employment and training programs.
SUMMARY: Supervises and coordinates the activities of production workers at a retail location. Performs the work of processing donations and preparing merchandise for sale in the store.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Include the following, other duties may be assigned:
- Receives, pre-sorts, sorts, prices, and displays merchandise.
- Performs quality control.
- Studies production schedules and estimates worker hour requirements for completion of job assignments.
- Assigns duties.
- Interprets company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations.
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Suggests changes in working conditions to increase efficiency of department.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
- Maintains production records.
- Confers with store manager to coordinate activities of individual departments.
- Performs activities of workers supervised.
- Assists with sales and stock duties.
- Watches for theft.
- Accepts donations. Prepares receipts as necessary.
- Answers telephone, answers questions, responds to requests, directs calls to proper person.
- Cleans production areas.
- Other duties as assigned
- Responsible for documentation such as: Incident reports, Counseling statements and Warning slips (for production personnel). This may include accommodations made for an employee due to a disability. For every incident in the store there should be either written or verbal evidence of that incident.
- Responsible for security of money including, but not limited to, keeping safe on full lock during store hours, as well as throughout the night, change funds, deposit bags, cash drawers, cashier codes, etc.
- Must take bank deposits to the bank and deposit daily.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
All individuals must pass a drug screen. A criminal background check is required. Must provide own transportation and show proof of current automobile insurance. Driving records for the past three years will be evaluated. A credit check may be performed.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee
- Must be able to stand up to eight hours a day.
- Must be able to walk up to eight hours per day.
- Must be able use hands to handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms.
- Must have sufficient eyesight and manual dexterity to discriminate between and classify items.
- Must be able to bend and twist frequently.
- Must be able to regularly lift and carry 30 pounds and occasionally lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- The employee is frequently required to talk or hear.
- Must be able to follow instructions.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (clear vision at 20 inches and less) and color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors).
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to airborne particles (dust and lint).
The noise level in the work environment ranges from quiet to very noisy.
Pay range: Commensurate with experience.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com