Website HOT Goodwill
Our mission is to actively pursue the full participation in society of people with disabilities and disadvantages by expanding their opportunities and capabilities through our employment and training programs.
SUMMARY: Sort donated materials into various categories of textiles, wares, and other items.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Sort, process, and price merchandise
- Receive and process donations in a timely manner
- Visually inspect and separate textile donations by category such as salvage, hanging, household, underclothing, and others as designated by the Supervisor.
- Hangs items on appropriate hanger.
- Maintain stock in store by removing items from rack, shelves, and display areas as per manager’s request.
- Move items to proper storage areas.
- Keep area clear of hazards.
- Keep work area clean by sweeping and cleaning daily.
- Clean store, production areas, and grounds as assigned.
- May cashier on a relief basis as needed.
- Assist other departments as needed
- Suggests changes in working conditions to increase efficiency of department.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee
- Must be able to stand up to eight hours a day.
- Must be able to walk up to eight hours per day.
- Must be able use hands to handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms.
- Must have sufficient eyesight and manual dexterity to discriminate between and classify items.
- Must be able to bend and twist frequently.
- Must be able to regularly lift and carry 30 pounds and occasionally lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- The employee is frequently required to talk or hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (clear vision at 20 inches and less) and color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors).
Extensive/advanced knowledge of designer brands preferred.
Pay range: $7.25/hour