Our mission is to actively pursue the full participation in society of people with disabilities and disadvantages by expanding their opportunities and capabilities through our employment and training programs.
Identify and select donated products for internet sales on shopgoodwill.com, thoroughly examine each product to determine the correct condition, manufacturer and other pertinent criteria, take detailed, clear and appropriate photos, write concise, appealing and accurate descriptions necessary to list items available to maximize Goodwill sales and profit margins.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Sort and process merchandise into appropriate locations.
- Receive and process items in a timely manner.
- Visually inspect and separate items by category as designated by the Supervisor.
- Create a detailed description of item for posting online.
- Photograph each item for listing.
- Post item for sale.
- Categorize merchandise in appropriate storage area.
- Respond to inquiries about all listings.
- Keep area clear of hazards.
- Keep work area clean daily
- May process internet sales and transport items to the post office on a relief basis as needed.
- Assist other departments as needed.
- Suggests changes in working conditions to increase efficiency of department.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Extensive knowledge/use of computers is REQUIRED. 99.9% of your work is done on a computer. An average typing speed of 30 WPM or better is REQUIRED. A typing test will be administered before a final job offer is made. Retail experience, knowledge of jewelry and/or computer experience is strongly preferred.
This position can be filled as Full-time or part-time, depending on candidate preference.
Pay range: $7.25-7.75/hour