Our mission is to actively pursue the full participation in society of people with disabilities and disadvantages by expanding their opportunities and capabilities through our employment and training programs.
The job involves managing a retail store engaged in selling donated and new goods by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Completes daily cash register deposits and reports.
2. Gives refunds with second signature.
3. Monitors store for cleanliness.
4. Performs closing procedures.
5. Zones floor: puts items where they belong.
6. Vacuums all retail areas.
7. Completes cleaning checklist.
8. Secures building at closing.
9. Assist customers.
10. Operates cash register as needed.
11. Maintains positive, team atmosphere and relations with peers, subordinates, and other departments.
12. Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving problems.
13. Suggests changes in working conditions to increase efficiency of department.
14. Attends scheduled training
15. Represents the company in the community in a positive professional fashion.
16. Provides leadership, guidance, and professional development to store staff.
17. Models the expected behavior of the staff.
18. Responsible for all documentation such as: Incident reports, Absentee reports, Counseling statements and Warning slips. This may also include accommodations made for an employee due to disability. For every incident in a store there should be either written or verbal evidence of that incident!
19. Models the expected behavior of the staff, as well as understands and complies with the cashier job description.
20. Responsible for security of money including, but not limited to, keeping safe on full lock during store hours, as well as throughout the night, change funds, deposit bags, cash drawers, cashier codes, etc.
21. Must take bank deposits to the bank and deposit daily.
Manages various subordinates in store operations. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organizations policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Is responsible for providing all required documentation.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org