Our mission is to actively pursue the full participation in society of people with disabilities and disadvantages by expanding their opportunities and capabilities through our employment and training programs.
SUMMARY: The job involves loading, unloading, and moving materials within or near an attended donation center or retail store.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following, other duties may be assigned:
- Performs material handling duties at manned donation trailer or retail store.
- Unloads donations from donor vehicles.
- Completes donation receipt.
- Transfers materials into donation trailer or retail store; installs strapping, bracing, or padding to prevent shifting or damage during transit.
- A waiver must be signed PRIOR to loading a customer’s vehicle.
- Pre-sorts donated goods into nonusable and salable goods. May sort by category, such as shoes, wares, textiles, electric, furniture.
- Counts and records amounts of donations handled on daily production sheet.
- Tags or labels donations or marks information on containers.
- Lifts heavy objects by hand or with two wheel dolly.
- Maintains clean and safe work area and surroundings.
- Secures work area at end of shift.
This position is very physical and constant throughout the shift. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50-60 pounds. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Pay range: $7.50/hr
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org