Our mission is to actively pursue the full participation in society of people with disabilities and disadvantages by expanding their opportunities and capabilities through our employment and training programs.
Operates cash register to itemize and total customer’s purchases in a retail store and assists with other store functions as needed by performing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Include the following, other duties may be assigned:
- Greets customers as they enter the store.
- Assists customers as needed in finding items and/or answering questions.
- Reviews price sheets and signs to note price changes and sale items
- Records prices and departments using an electronic scanner or cash register keyboard.
- Subtotals taxable items, adds tax, and totals purchase on the cash register.
- Collects cash, check, or charge payment from customer and makes change for cash purchases.
- Bags sold merchandise.
- Carries customer purchases to car as needed.
- Counts money in the cash drawer at the beginning and end of shift. There must be 2 initials on the Daily Deposit form and the Bank Deposit form. May make bank deposit if directed by store manager. Records information on store report forms.
- Moves stock to proper place in display area.
- Removes out of date items from display area.
- Maintains display areas including special displays, racks, shelves, bins, and other areas displaying items for sale.
- Confirms refunds made by manager or assistant manager.
- Monitors dressing rooms and restrooms.
- Watches for theft.
- Accepts donations and/or directs donors to donation area. Prepares receipts as necessary.
- A waiver must be signed PRIOR to loading a customer’s vehicle.
- Answers telephone, answers customers questions, responds to requests, directs calls to proper person.
- Cleans areas of the store, including restrooms, as directed by store manager or designate.
- May be assigned to assist with opening and closing store including locking/unlocking doors and operating security system if assigned.
- Suggests changes in working conditions to increase efficiency of operations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Records all items pushed out from production on the Daily Production Summary.
- Reports all incidents to supervisor immediately! Ensures that the Incident report form is filled out if supervisor is absent, and ready to be checked over when supervisor returns.
- Confirms that all rules and regulations stated in the personnel handbook and the cashier training manual have been read and understood.
Pay range: $7.25/hour