Website HOT Goodwill
Our mission is to actively pursue the full participation in society of people with disabilities and disadvantages by expanding their opportunities and capabilities through our employment and training programs.
Valid Driver’s license is REQUIRED for this position.
SUMMARY: The job involves operating standard and manual vehicles for the transportation of materials to and from specified destinations. The job also involves tending machine that compresses and binds cloth and other loose materials to facilitate handling by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Select routing for retail center service and collection of items.
- Complete scheduled pick-ups daily.
- Load and off-load production and merchandise for stores, plant, and vendors.
- Collect and transport trash.
- Maintain cleanliness of vehicle.
- Complete daily vehicle inspection report and truck log and paperwork as updated.
- Operate vehicle in a safe manner.
- Demonstrate proper use of dollies and hand trucks and other tools as needed.
- Utilize appropriate safety techniques for lifting, carrying, and transporting goods including fork lifts, pallet jacks, carts. etc..
- Lines compression chamber of baling machine with covering before baling.
- Trucks or carries materials to baling machine.
- Places materials in compression chamber of baling machine.
- Distinguishes material types by category. Removes material as needed.
- Moves lever or electric switch, causing ram to compress material.
- Threads tie bands around bale and twists or clamps ends of bands to tighten bands.
- Opens compression chamber doors and removes bale from machine.
- Trucks bales to storage place.
Manages 1 to 4 subordinate employee in the Transportation Department Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organizations policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Valid Driver’s license is REQUIRED for this position. Commercial license not required.
All individuals must pass a drug screen. Driving record will be evaluated for the past three years. A criminal background check is required.
Pay range: $8.50/hour
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com