Website HOT Goodwill
Our mission is to actively pursue the full participation in society of people with disabilities and disadvantages by expanding their opportunities and capabilities through our employment and training programs.
Pay range: $9.00/hour
SUMMARY: The job involves managing a retail store engaged in selling donated and new goods by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Prepares store payroll and community service time sheets.
- Recommends personnel requirements. Recommends adjustments to staffing levels as justified by demands.
- Manages all retail operations, including the receiving and processing of donations Ensures quality in goods and services.
- Maintains positive, team atmosphere and relations with peers, subordinates, and other departments.
- Maintains and continuously updates the retail merchandising of store.
- Maintain appropriate standards of cleanliness and organization of sales floor, production area, and store grounds.
- Works collaboratively with Employment and Training Services to further the mission of Goodwill.
- Assists with annual budget preparation. Helps oversees budgets for store location. Maintains financial viability.
- Attends scheduled training.
- Represents the company in the community in a positive professional fashion.
- Provides leadership, guidance, and professional development to store staff. Models the expected behavior of the staff.
- Directs, supervises, and coordinates staff activities to assure store goals and objectives are being met.
- Assists with training and development to all store staff members and encourages an environment of learning and growth. Fully utilizes participatory management.
- Ensures departmental equity and compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Assists in ensuring that all financial paperwork including, but not limited to, sales, production, time cards, logs, inventories, and other assigned work is properly completed and in a timely manner.
- Responsible for all documentation such as: Incident reports, absentee reports, Counseling statements and Warning slips. This may also include accommodations made for an employee due to disability. For every incident in a store there should be either written or verbal evidence of that incident!
- Models the expected behavior of the staff, as well as understands and complies with the cashier job description.
- Responsible for security of money including, but not limited to, keeping safe on full lock during store hours, as well as throughout the night, change funds, deposit bags, cash drawers, cashier codes, etc.
- Must take bank deposits to the bank and deposit daily.
- Must have reliable transportation
Manages various subordinates who supervise employees in store operations and production. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units. Also directly supervises various non-supervisory employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Is responsible for providing all required documentation.
Pay range: $9.00/hour