Heart Of Texas Goodwill Donation Center Locations
The Life Cycle of Your Donations
When you donate items to a Heart of Texas Goodwill facility, those items are sold in our retail stores. The revenue generated from the sale of donated merchandise is then used to fund programs to help people with barriers to employment find a job, upgrade their skills, and become self-sufficient.
What Donations Can Be Accepted?
- Clothing – men, women, children’s, baby, senior, casual, professional, all seasons, etc.
- Accessories – shoes, hats, purses, ties & jewelry
- Household items – housewares, lamps, shades, bikes, area rugs & picture frames
- Small Appliances – radios, toasters, CD players, coffee pots, waffle irons, holiday items
- Furniture – bed frames, coffee tables, end tables and sofas
- Lawn & Garden Equipment (must drain gasoline)
- Sporting Goods, Crafts, Books, CD’s, DVD’s, Radios & Stereos
Item NOT Accepted:
- Clothing that is soiled, wet or torn
- Furniture which is broken, torn or stained, covered in pet hair or has missing parts
- Room-to-room carpeting or carpet padding
- Tires, batteries, gasoline, motor oil, paint in general, flammable or combustible gases (propane, butane, oxygen, etc.)
- Mattresses, box springs, water beds or water bed frames
- TV’s, microwaves, VCR’s, guns or other firearms, bullets or other ammunition, explosives, organs and pianos
- Large desks
- Baby items and baby furniture
- Hazardous Waste Materials